Chant Days with Noírín Ní Riain 2014
Last updated: Friday, January 10th, 2014
- February 15th – the day after Valentine’s day when we will reflect on the real meaning of this ancient day of love and friendship. ‘Love your Neighbour as yourself’.
- May 31st – the feast of the Visitation of Mary to Elizabeth, one of my favourite feasts of all the year when we will reflect on family, listening because these two cousins were geniuses at listening and much more.
- June 28th celebrates the heart of Mary and we will explore heart matters on that day and renew and restore our own little hearts.
- July 26 is the feast of Anna, the mother of Mary. We will reflect on motherhood in all its forms, remember our own mothers and take away Anna – and Joachim – as our spiritual parents and allies too.
- August 9th is the feast day of Edith Stein, a marvellous Jewish woman, patron saint of Europe and a great model of prayer and wisdom.
- October 4th is the feast of St. Francis of Assisi, ecologist, environmentalist, animal love and great saint. We will celebrate the earth and all its creatures on this day.
November 22nd is the day of St. Cecilia, patron of music, musicians, music-teachers and of course music listeners.
- December 6th is the feast of the wonderful precursor of Santa Clause, St. Nicholas. Come and let us celebrate together before the two great icons of Nicholas in the chapel here in Glenstal Abbey.
- December 20th – always the firm favourite and first to fill up! When we gather to make our Christmas, our Advent meaningful, rich and prayerful, we have all felt that our Christmas season is enriched by being together at this time, stepping back from the ‘irrational season’ to reflect on the birth of Christ in OUR own lives.
PLEASE NOTE: due to unforeseen circumstances the Chant Day scheduled for 22nd November has been cancelled.
TIME: Each workshop begins at 10am and concludes at 5.30pm
COST: €85 which includes lunch, teas and coffees
CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.orgShare on Facebook